Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THE ART OF DYLAN LEE GILES

THE ART OF DYLAN GILES

I will admit, I am a biased art critic when it comes to my 14 year old son, Dylan. I’ve watched him blossom from an infant with a crayon and a toddler with a watercolor brush, into a young man whose imagination is barely contained by his ability to breathe life onto a page.

When he was four years old he painted something so gorgeous that I cannot – to this day – recreate it on my own. By the time he was in first grade he had created his own fictitious publishing company (Squishball.com) and designed the logo.

Today, his art style is highly detailed and more than a little inspired by the likes of Moebius and Geof Darrow, but I have a feeling that even this latest style of art is only a brief layover into exponentially greater realms of creativity to come.

Just check out these insanely detailed drawings he’s produced over the last month or so.

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]






His main blog is
HERE

No comments: