Friday, July 16, 2010

10 SCI-FI FILMS THAT MAKE YOU GO “WHAT THE FRAK?"

*INCEPTION

*DARK CITY – (Inspired by the same exact twist in the anime classic “Megazone 23” anime.)

*DONNIE DARKO – (Don’t understand it completely. Love it anyway.)

*ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND – (One of my all-time favorite films. Epic and moving.)

*FIGHT CLUB – (“I know this because Tyler knows this…” My wife Wendy had it figured out before me. Actually, I never figured it out at all. It blew my mind.)

*12 MONKEYS – (Love the moment when Bruce Willis’ character actually believes he’s insane and the doctor has to convince him he’s really from the future.)

*GHOST IN THE SHELL – (A friend I saw this with said, as we walked out of the theater, “That wasn’t ‘Anime’, that was ‘Brainime’”. He’s right.)

*BRAZIL – (I’ve seen this one over 10 times. Love it to death. The ending is a work of art.)

*PLANET OF THE APES – (What can compare to that Statue of Liberty scene? Nothing.)

*Pi – (Does the solution for PI actually contain the hidden name for God ,or the secret of unlimited wealth? What if the answer would kill you?)

BONUS
*A BEAUTIFUL MIND (not sci-fi but quite PhilDickian.)

*THE SIXTH SENSE (I had the twist figured out very early on, but it’s a crime not to mention it.)

Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.

No comments: